Yunnan Baiyao Capsule
Yunnan Baiyao is the best-known household Traditional Chinese Medicine used to help stop bleeding and promote healing from wounds or internal injuries in humans and animals. A 100% all natural herbal formula used by TCM/TCVM practitioners for over 100 years. Yunnan Baiyao in capsule form is recommended if you need accurate dosage. Included is one (1) red emergency pill in the center of the blister pack for immediate serious conditions or injuries.
Yunnan Baiyao capsule are recommended by most veterinarians, can be safely be used for most mammals such as dogs, horses, cats and other household pets.
- Helps coagulate bleeding
- Relieves pain and swelling
Traditional Chinese Medicine benefits:
- Treats blood stasis and pain
- Invigorates blood circulation
- Opens orifices
A Path With Paws Blog
Yunnan Baiyao is used in most cases of hemangiosarcoma and other bleeding tumors. See Dr. Judy Morgan's blog on cancer.
Dr. D blog on Yunnan Baiyao
16 capsules per box (including 1 red insurance pill) Each packet contains a small red pill. It is a higher concentration of Yunnan Bai Yao and is intended for treating significant bleeding. Save this pill and administer one red pill when a massive bleed is suspected.
Angelica Sinensis (Danggui) (Root) (16:1, QCE 255.68mg)...15.98mg
Caesalpinia Sappan (Sumu) (Stem Heartwood) (16:1, QCE 255.68mg)...15.98mg
Carthamus Tinctorius (Honghua) (Flower) (16:1, QCE 511.36mg)...3196mg
Commiphora Myrrha (Moyao) (Stem Resin) (16:1, QCE 255.68mg)...15.98
Dipsacus Asper (Xuduan) (Root) (16:1, QCE 383,52mg)...23.97mg
Drynaria Fortunei (Gusuibu) (Rhizome) (16:1, QCE 383.52mg)...23.97mg
Paeonia Lactiflora (Chishao) (Root) (16:1, QCE 255.68)...15.98mg
Panax Notoginseng (Sanqi) (Root) (16:1, QCE 511.46mg)...31.96mg
Pheretima Aspergillum (Dilong) (Whole) (16:1, QCE 255.68)...15.98mg
Rheum Officinale (Zhidahuang) (Root and Rhizome) (16:1, QCE 255.68)...15.98mg
Trogopterus Xanthipes (Wulingzhi) (Excrement) (16:1, QCE 255.68mg)...15.98mg
Typha Orientalis (Puhuang) (Pollen) (16:1, QCE 255.68mg)...15.98
Gelatin, Rice Starch
- For dogs under 10 lbs, give 1 capsule by mouth one time a day.
- For dogs from 10 to 30 lbs, give 1 capsule by mouth two times a day.
- For dogs above 30 but less than 60 lbs, give 2 capsules two times a day.
- For dogs above 60 lbs, give 2 capsules three times a day.
Guidelines commonly used for bleeding dogs are as follows:
- Active internal bleeding – One capsule per 15 – 20 pounds of body weight, four times a day, for 1 -2 days.
- After active bleeding has stopped – One capsule per 20-30 pounds of body weight, two to three times a day, for 3-7 days.
- Maintenance recommended dose is 1 capsule per 30 – 50 pounds of body weight, two to three times per day.
Common dose for cats:
- 1/2- 1 capsule once daily is recommended. Some cat owners have success mixing Yunnan Bai Yao with fish-based cat food.
- In hard to medicate animals the powder can also be mixed with water and syringed into mouth.
While generally safe and effective when prescribed by a veterinarian, Yunnan Baiyao may cause side effects in some dogs. The most common side effect of Yunnan Baiyao is stomach upset i.e. vomiting and diarrhea.
Yunnan Baiyao should not be used in dogs with known hypersensitivity or allergy to the drug.
Yunnan Baiyao should be used with caution in dogs with liver disease and is often used every other day or for a limited period. Best to add milk thistle for this reason to help the liver.
Yunnan Baiyao has been shown to be safe if given with antibiotics, vaccines, pain medication and other drugs such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
It is not approved for use in pregnant or lactating pets.
This herbal supplement is intended for short term (acute) use. There have been limited studies to identify side effects of long-term use in dogs and cats. There is some possible evidence that this medicine may elevate liver markers if given daily for prolonged periods of time.
After the acute phase it is best to dose on alternating days, or for a 5-day on 5-day off cycle that repeats.