Halscion Cognitive Supplement by Gold Standard Herbs
Halscion Cognitive Supplement from Gold Standard Herbs
Canine Cognitive Dysfunction (CCD) is assumed to be the problem whenever a middle-aged to older dog has unexplained issues with some combination of insomnia, pacing, panting, whining, hyperreactivity, fussing, detachment, and anxiety. Many different costly drugs are often tried but often bring just an hour or two of relief. The good news, though, is that not all dogs with these symptoms have CCD.
Insomnia, agitation, lack of focus, anxiety, spinning, and restlessness are all symptoms of an excessive response to stress by the adrenal glands, such as PTSD in humans. The source of stress may be unknown but stress is likely if the dog seems strong when agitated, has a rapid heart rate, or has high blood pressure. Vertigo from idiopathic vestibular disease is common as well because stress disorders like PTSD cause too much cerebral blood flow, promoting inflammation of cranial nerves.
When used consistently over a period of several days to weeks, Halscion supports normal adrenal gland activity and brain circulation. Its components have even put adrenal gland cancer (known as pheochromocytoma) into remission. When adrenal gland function and brain circulation are normal, episodes of anxiety, agitation and insomnia gradually lessen in severity, duration and frequency, with the pet recovering faster afterwards. As the brain returns to normal, the dog relaxed and comfortable in its own skin, reducing the need for drugs.
- Rehmannia glutinosa root
- Panax ginseng root
- Scutellaria baicalensis root
- Lycium barbarum fruit
- Angelica sinensis root
- Cinnamomum aromaticum twig
- Zingiber officinale rhizome
- Rheum officinale root and rhizome
- Ziziphus jujuba fruit
- Melia azedarach fruit
- Pinellia ternata rhizome
- Bupleurum chinense root
- Ophiopogon japonicus root
- Glehnia littoralis root
- Wolfiporia extensa
- Archidoskodon planifros
- Crassostrea gigas
- Natural flavoring
Summary of Benefits:
- Normalizes brain circulation to promote better cognitive thinking.
- Improves sleep. Synergistically works well with melatonin.
- Non-sedating. Safe to use with other anxiolytic and sedative drugs.
- Normalizes adrenal gland output and the stress response to calm agitation, pacing and restlessness.
- Synergistically Works well with CBD.
- Normalizes the gut-brain-skin barrier to help prevent and heal Gastric Ulcers and Stress Induced Colitis and Diarrhea.
- Go to for intractable otitus externa.
Halscion is an organically grown concentrated herbal extract in powdered form.
To use, just fold the herbs into your pet's food, or shake them up with broth or water and pour them over top.
As a suggested starting dose, give twice daily as follows:
- Up to 30 pounds: 1/4 tsp
- 30 to 60 pounds: 1/2 tsp
- 60 to 90 pounds: 1 tsp
- 90 pounds and up: 1 1/2 tsp
If benefits are not seen, the dose can be safely doubled.
One bottle of Halscion lasts over a month for dogs 50 lbs and under; and for two weeks for 100 lb dogs