The Walkin’ Rear Splint for dogs
Helps with injuries to the lower back limbs that need to be splinted or braced. Modeled after human splints, this product will provide stability and support for your pet’s lower rear limbs.
- Constructed of waterproof hard plastic exterior, soft interior foam padding, non-skid pad on bottom, and touch-fastener closures.
- Rear Splint extends above hock and completely under the foot, giving full support to bottom of pet’s leg.
- Keeps pet’s leg in normal walking position.
- Supports and stabilizes hock and paw areas of rear limbs.
- Allows weight to be put on the broken or weak limb.
- Provides an easy way to provide daily wound therapy.
- Reduces the standard cost of bandaging and casting.
- Lightweight design increases the pet’s tolerance of the splint.
- To get more of a custom fit add Walkin’ Custom-fit Foam for an additional $9.00
- video demo
- sizing chart
- The Walkn' Pet Splint is for the following conditions:
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD)
- soft tissue injuries to tarsal or metatarsal tendons/ligaments
- Achilles tendon injury
- or metatarsal joint instabilities or malformations
- neurological conditions causing knuckling of paw
- post-surgical protection
For more information on the use of splints, please visit this blog post.
It’s important to remember that any splint or bootie placed on a pet’s foot will need to be removed at bedtime, and should be removed for at least an hour during the day to allow the foot to breathe. During night time hours we recommend using the Walkin’ Hock Hugger to continue to offer light support.
Please Note: There is no “right” or “left” leg or paw designated for splints; splints may be used for either the right or left leg/paw. If you order a splint and it is marked with “L” it refers to the size (Large).